How To Create Static Pages
Static pages can give your readers more in-depth information about yourself and your blog than what you can fit on the sidebar (if you have one). These pages can be useful whether you use Tumblr for pro blogging or just to share your favorite links or images with friends.
- On the Customize page, click the Pages tab, then click Add a Page.
- Create a short but descriptive URL for your page; for example: blogname.tumblr.com/about
- Choose a page type from the dropdown; Standard Layout will use your current Tumblr template, Custom Layout allows you to enter your own HTML for the entire page including layout and body text.
- Using the Standard Layout, enter a Page Title, then the body of the page. A simple WYSIWYG editor allows for some formatting, images, and links.
- Check the box next to Show a link to this page if you want the link on your sidebar.
- Click Create Page.