How To Use Your Own Domain Name For Your Tumblr Blog
Looking to make your Tumblr blog as professional as possible? Try using a custom domain name instead of the default yourname.tumblr.com address.
- Purchase a domain from your preferred registrar. Companies like NameCheap.com and GoDaddy.com sell domains for as little as $9.99 a year, and you won’t need any extra hosting.
- Once the purchase is complete, log in to your domain company’s account/domain management area to change the A (address) Record. The process is different for every host, so check their Help area to find out how.
- Point the A Record to Tumblr’s IP: 220.127.116.11. Leave the domain’s nameservers set to default.
- The change may take up to 72 hours. Once it does, you will see your Tumblr blog when you type the domain into the address bar.
- On the Dashboard, click your Tumblr blog’s name at the top, then click Settings on the right sidebar.
- Just under your Tumblr URL click the At the bottom, check Use a custom domain name and enter your URL (minus the http://), then click Save Prefferences at the bottom of the page.
- Once setup is complete, even if users type in your dot-Tumblr address, it will automatically forward to the custom URL.