Today, Toshiba took the wraps off its refresh of its Satellite notebook line- the 15.4-inch A300, the 14.1-inch M300, the 17-inch P300, and the 13.3-inch U400- which feature several improvements over previous models. These include:
- 64-bit computing: The notebooks are now compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows Vista, which lets the systems take advantage of a full 4GB of memory for editing photos and video or creating audio files.
- e-SATA port: Enables high-speed file transfers between a notebook and an external HDD, with rates up to 5X faster than USB 2.0
- Three Sleep-and-Charge USB ports: Users can power their gadgets via USB even when the systems are powered down.
- Facial Recognition: Users can log into their systems by using just their faces.
- Intel’s latest Core 2 Duo processors
- Built-in FM Tuner
Besides the new additions, pricing and configurations remain the same for these notebooks as their previous iterations, the details of which can be found here. The Satellite refreshes are available for purchase now.