iPhone 6 to Roll Off Assembly Line in July (Report)

iPhone 6 to Roll Off Assembly Line in July (Report)

production date

It’s only been one day since a German carrier leaked the apparent iPhone 6 release date as Sept 19, and now comes word that Apple will start production of the iPhone 6 in July. This would give Apple enough time to hit its launch window, but it looks like this launch could be staggered.

According to Digitimes, Foxconn Electronics will start supplying the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in July. However, the larger 5.5-inch model may not be manufactured until August. This lines up with earlier reports that the smaller iPhone 6 would hit the market first and that the phablet-sized version wouldn’t go on sale until later in the year. It’s possible that Apple would announce both devices simultaneously and put them on sale at different times.

MORE: 10 Tips Every iPhone Owner Should Know

Foxconn will reportedly be responsible for making 70 percent of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 units, with Pegatron making up the remaining 30 percent. Curiously, Apple will supposedly continue to make a 4-inch iPhone (via Wistron), despite the lukewarm reception to the iPhone 5c.

The iPhone 6 is expected to feature a much stronger sapphire glass display, a faster A8 processor and a beefed up camera that may sport image stabilization and faster autofocus. Apple’s sequel may also offer NFC capability, which would allow the company to offer a mobile payment system, possibly one that’s tied to the Touch ID fingerprint sensor.

Apple’s ambitions for the iPhone 6 go well beyond the device itself. In recent days the Financial Times reported that Apple may use the device to help users control a new wave of smart home devices. And based on leaks of the Healtbook app in iOS 8, the new iPhone will also likely pair with the rumored iWatch to help people keep better tabs on their fitness and overall health.


AUTHOR BIO
Mark Spoonauer
Mark Spoonauer
Responsible for the editorial vision for Laptopmag.com, Mark Spoonauer has been Editor in Chief of LAPTOP since 2003 and has covered technology for nearly 15 years. Mark speaks at key tech industry events and makes regular media appearances on CNBC, Fox and CNN. Mark was previously reviews editor at Mobile Computing, and his work has appeared in Wired, Popular Science and Inc.
Mark Spoonauer on
Twitter Google+
LEAVE A REPLY
Name*
Email* (will not be published)
Website
*Indicates required field
Comments*
Submit Comments

  1. alberty Says:

    A good New latest upcoming laptop pic , videos and some special feature you see on Bay91 Site , see site with www and com , here a good apple laptop and mobile info , check it

FIND A REVIEW
Laptops
All Product Types Accessories Cars Digital Camcorders Digital Cameras eReaders GPS Laptops MP3 & Video Players Projectors Smartphones Software Storage Tablets / MIDs VoIP Wi-Fi
All Subcategories
All Subcategories All-Purpose Budget Business Desktop Replacement Gaming Multimedia Netbook Nettop Rugged Student Tablet PCs Ultraportable
Brand
Acer Alienware Apple Archos ASUS Averatec BenQ CTL Corp. Dell Digital Storm eMachines Emtec Everex Fujitsu GammaTech Gateway General Dynamics Getac Gigabyte Hercules HP HTC iBuyPower Intel Lenovo MSI Nokia Nvidia OCZ OLPC OQO Origin Panasonic Sager Samsung Sony Sylvania Systemax TabletKiosk Toshiba Verizon Viewsonic Viliv VooDoo Workhorse PC ZT Systems
Minimum Rating
Any Rating Editor's Choice 4.5 Stars 4.0 Stars 3.5 Stars 3.0 Stars
Screen Size
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 4 5 6 7 8 9
Resolution
1024x576 1024x600 1024x768 1200X800 1280 x 720 1280x1024 1280x768 1280x800 1366x678 1366x768 1440x1050 1440x900 1600x768 1600x900 1680x1050 1680x945 1920x1080 1920x1200 800x400 800x480
Weight Range
10.1 - 12.0 pounds 12.1 - 14.0 pounds 14.1 - 16.0 pounds 2 lbs 2 pounds and under 2+ lbs 2.1 - 4.0 pounds 4.1 - 6.0 pounds 6.1 - 8.0 pounds 8.1 - 10.0 pounds Over 16 pounds Under 2 pounds
more options
SUBSCRIBE