With the iPhone, users are given a series of home screens they can just add applications and folders to. By contrast, in Android, there are endless ways to customize your device to make it truly your own, and one of the easiest ways to accomplish this is by using a custom launcher, which replaces the stock home screens, icons and application drawer.
Follow these steps to use Buzz Launcher, one of our favorite Android launchers.
1. Download Buzz Launcher from Google Play.
2. Tap the Home Button. Because you have multiple launchers installed, tapping home will ask which launcher you want to use.
3. Select Buzz Launcher then “Always.” This sets Buzz Launcher as your default launcher application. You can change this at a later time in the settings menu, or by uninstalling Buzz Launcher if you no longer want to use it.
4. Select a default Buzz Home Screen. Scroll left and right to select which screen you’d like to use, then click confirm to get started.
5. Import your current home screen into Buzz Launcher if you wan to keep the same layout you had before. Buzz Launcher will ask you if you want to import your current homescreen layout into your new launcher. Either choose yes or no when asked. After this screen, the themepack you selected in Step 4 will begin downloading and installing.
6. Tap on icons with a download button, and download the corresponding apps on Google Play. On your home screen, you’ll see several icons already on your device. Some, like the clock widget in the picture, will have a download icon in the center. Click on it to download and install the widget on Google Play. Do the same for any other uninstalled content (icons, widgets, etc.) you’d like to see on your homescreen. Otherwise, remove any items you don’t plan on using.
7. Take the Buzz Launcher tutorial. Buzz will guide you through a brief set of instructions aimed familiarizing you with using the Buzz launcher, and there are several ways you can customize your Buzz Launcher experience with wallpapers and widgets. We highly recommend completing the tutorial, then using what you’ve learned to create the perfect home screen.
8. Share your Home screen via Home screen Buzz. Once you’ve setup your homes creen the way you like it, you can choose to share it with other Buzz users so they can gather inspiration from your setup.