If you’ve ever been asked to sign a PDF file, you know how tedious that can be. You have to print the PDF, sign it, then scan the PDF back into your computer so you can mail it back to the recipient. But with Preview, Mac users can easily capture their signature with their Mac camera and then use that to sign documents. Here’s how to sign a PDF with the Mac OS X Preview app.
1. Double click the PDF you need to sign to open the Preview application.
2. Navigate to Tools > Annotate > Signature > Create Signature from Built-in iSight…
3. Sign your name on a piece of white paper, and hold it up to your iSight camera. When the Signature Preview looks good, click Accept.
4. Position the cursor where you want the signature to appear.
5. Go to Tools > Annotate > Signature > Manage Signatures to add additional signatures or re-use the one you just saved.