As most iPhone users know, it’s much easier to keep track of and find apps when they’re arranged in a logical way. You have up to 11 Home screens to play with, so why not move apps onto different screens by theme, type, or most often used? You can also add different icons to the dock at the bottom of the screen.
- Press and hold any icon on the home screen for about 3 seconds. The icons will start to jiggle.
- To move an icon around on the screen, press and hold it until the image grows a little larger and semi-transparent. Then drag and drop.
- To move an icon to a different screen, press and hold, then drag the icon to the left or right edge to move to the next screen.
- If you’ve run out of space in existing Home screens, and have less than 11, create a new one by dragging an icon to the right until it comes to a new screen.
- To change the icons on the bottom dock, press and hold the icon. Then drag icons onto or off of the dock. The dock will hold up to six apps or none.
- To delete an app from the iPad, tap the X in the upper left of the icon. (Core apps cannot be deleted and won’t have the X).
- When you’re done, stop the app icons from jiggling by tapping the Home button.