iOS 5 has made the iPad and iPad 2 more social with the new iMessage app. iMessage lets you send unlimited text messages (via Wi-Fi or 3G) along with photos, videos, locations, and contacts to anyone with an Apple device running iOS 5.
- Select the iMessage app.
- Hit the Compose Message icon in the Message column for a new message.
- Enter the contact(s) for the message in the To: field.
- Enter text in the blank field above the keyboard. Click the Photo icon and choose from an existing photo or take a new one.
- Press the Contacts icon in the top right corner, and select Message to share contacts.
iMessage will send messages to the Apple ID you specify, but you can add additional e-mail accounts in the Settings menu.
- Go to Settings and select Messages.
- Click the Receive At tab.
- Click the Add Another E-mail tab.
- Enter a new e-mail in the empty field.
Get More iOS 5 Tips for Your iPad