Today at Google I/O, the search giant took a moment during this morning’s keynote to do a bit of (well-deserved) gloating about the growth of Android. Here are some of the numbers the company revealed:
- Over 100 million Android devices have been activated worldwide.
- There are 36 original electronics makers creating Android devices.
- Currently there are over 310 Android devices, many of which are available from 215 wireless carriers in 210 countries.
- There are over 450,000 Android developers.
- There are over 400,000 device activations every day.
- Over 200,000 apps available in the Android Market.
- There have been over 4.5 billion Android app installs.
- It took 1 year to get to 1 billion installs, then just 5 months to get to 2 billion.