Best Cyber Monday Notebook Deals Highlight Performance and Portability
This week, we’ve posted about a lot of hot deals, but not all of them are created equal. Here’s a running list of the biggest notebook bargains this Cyber Monday–some of which are left over from Black Friday. Check back to this post as we continue to put up the best notebook deals we see. Also, be sure to check out the our best notebooks of the year and best netbook Cyber Monday bargains posts.
- MSI X340 for $549.71. One of the thinnest and lightest 13-inchers on the market today, the X340 weighs a mere 2.9 pounds and is only .8 inches thick. Its normal retail price is a $847.99 so this is nearly a $300 discount. (Read Review | Buy)
- MSI X600 for $632.38. At 4.8 pounds and 1-inch thick, this is one of the thinnest and lightest 15.6 inch notebooks on the market, and its battery life of 4 hours and 11 minutes is nothing to sneeze at. However, we found the exterior a bit warm and the keyboard just a bit mushy when we reviewed it. (Read Review | Buy)
- HP dm3t for $579.99 (check out with coupon code SVMY478761 to get $20 off). When we reviewed this 13-inch system, we didn’t like its touchpad, but it is incredibly light, has a gorgeous brushed aluminum design, and gets over 9 hours of battery life. (Buy | Read Review)
- HP Pavilion dv6t 15.6-inch Core i7 notebook for $899.99 (check out with coupon code SVMY478761 to get $20 off). Incredible deal on a system with a 1.6 GHz Core i7-720QM, 4GB of RAM, 500GB 7200 rpm hdd, Blu-ray, and discrete Nvidia graphics. Can be configured with even more goodies. (Buy)
- Dell Inspiron 17 for $449. This 17.3-inch system has a 2.1 GHz Pentium Dual Core T4300 CPU, 2GB of RAM, and a 160GB hard drive. We recommend configuring it with a full HD 1920×1080 display for an additional $65 and a Blu-ray reader for $125 to make it a family multimedia machine. Note: If the “Buy” link doesn’t work the first time, try, try again. We’ve been having it work on and off all day. (Buy)
- Apple 13-inch White MacBook for $849.99. Mac fanatics rejoice. You can now get the latest white MacBook for under $900. The MacBook comes with a 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo CPU, a 1280×800 screen, 250GB hard drive, 2GB of RAM, DVD-R drive, and Mac OS X Snow Leopard. We gave the system 4 out of 5 stars, and really appreciated its 5 hours and 10 minutes of endurance (Buy | Read Review).
- Dell Inspiron 15 for $449. This deal might not look as good because the system we reviewed cost just $50 more. But the configuration on sale has a faster processor, more RAM, and Windows 7 Home Premium. It’s a great budget notebook for media fans. Note: If the “Buy” link doesn’t work the first time, try, try again. We’ve been having it work on and off all day. (Buy | Read Review)
- Toshiba Satellite L500 for $424.00. The L500 is a good second notebook or budget family system. With a 1.6-GHz Celeron CPU, 2GB of RAM, and 250GB hard drive, its base specs are netbook-like, but its large screen and keyboard should be fine for basic tasks. It’s also configurable with up to 4GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive, and a much more powerful Core 2 Duo CPU. (Buy)
- Fujitsu LifeBook U820 Mini-Notebook for $949 (use coupon code HOLIDAYS09). Fujitsu calls its 1.6-pound, 5.6-inch system a mini-notebook, rather than a netbook and indeed it’s small enough to be classified as a Mobile Internet Device. But for under $1,000 you can get a computer that fits in your pocket but is powerful enough to run Windows Vista Business. Includes a 1200×800 touchscreen, 1.6GHz Atom Z530 CPU, integrated GPS, and 120GB hard drive. In our tests, the diminutive system lasted over 5 hours on a charge. Comes with your choice of a 160GB external hard drive or Lexmark X2650 color inkjet printer (Read Review | Buy with HOLIDAYS09 coupon).