The official Geeks Geek, as his weekly column is titled, Avram Piltch has guided the editorial and production of Laptopmag.com since 2007. With his technical knowledge and passion for testing, Avram programmed several of LAPTOP's real-world benchmarks, including the LAPTOP Battery Test. He holds a master’s degree in English from NYU.
1) Android doesn’t make larger screens, companies like Samsung make it using AMOLED screens with oversaturated colors that are nonetheless difficult to use in direct sunlight and the blues fade over time.
2) People need to have consistency and they know they will get a fine virtual keyboard with every iPhone and have a choice of numerous hardware keyboards.
3) Nobody uses NFC so this is meaningless and irrelevant.
4) Only the small number of geeks out there need to access the file system. 99% of actual users only need to be able to access files and move them through applications, something the iPhone does just fine.
5) Yes, Apple allows developers to determine whether or not certain things should be shared. That’s why most developers go with Apple first and make the most amount of money through developing apps for the iPhone.
6) Android does NOT use a “real USB port.” Rather, some OEMs use any one of many available USB ports and cables. Apple’s lightning port, besides being bilateral and thus easier to use, carries more types of power and data and does it faster than USB.
7) Yes, the iPhone does let users focus on what they’re doing rather than trying to figure out which application is in the foreground.
Hey. We get it, Avaram. You like Android phones. You’ve got your Fandroid glasses on and nothing will let you see that both the iPhone and the numerous Android phones (with all of their incompatibilities) have good qualities and other features that don’t meet your needs. Too bad you’ve got your nose so incredibly brown from sticking it up Google’s tail pipe you can’t see it.
What a tool. Android has nothing to do with screensize you brainless twat. Not only that, but I don’t WANT a stupid giant phone that practically needs it’s own purse to carry. Apps side by side??? WHO CARES!! That feature is ALMOST as irrelevant as being able to change the colors of my keyboard. OOOhh yippee, I can change the keyboard colors!! Access to the file system? IT”S A PHONE. NFC? I’ve never wished I could bang my phone on a soda machine instead of using my card, or “”GASP” using actual money. As far as the adapter cables go, you are spot on. Screw Apple and their overprices cables.
Ever notice how iphone owners/defenders scream same jihadist mantras defending their old barney rubble iphone tech ? they are hilariously similar to tom cruise and his scientologists – screaming personal insults at a reviewer or author who simply points out the reality of a given market.
Jobs’ “marketing concept was as sophisticated as a baseball bat – we want you to buy one device for each requirement you have .. .a phone, an ipad, and a mac. brute force and expensive just like his proprietary loser the early macs, niche. apple succeeded on the backs of sub average IQ consumers, here in the USA – and that following (walmarters) has a width and depth that should keep apple in fairly high margins for quite a while – same mentality in the pc wars back in day, same mentality as the harley vs japanese bikes back in the day , and same mentality as the almost extinct Church of Blackberry. Ppl love their products till they are no more.
Arguing with apple fans is like yelling at your puppy for crapping on the floor. Its just a puppy.
FIND A REVIEW
All Product TypesAccessoriesCarsDigital CamcordersDigital CameraseReadersGPSLaptopsMP3 & Video PlayersProjectorsSmartphonesSoftwareStorageTablets / MIDsVoIPWi-Fi
All SubcategoriesAll-PurposeBudgetBusinessDesktop ReplacementGamingMultimediaNetbookNettopRuggedStudentTablet PCsUltraportable
AcerAlienwareAppleArchosASUSAveratecBenQCTL Corp.DellDigital StormeMachinesEmtecEverexFujitsuGammaTechGatewayGeneral DynamicsGetacGigabyteHerculesHPHTCiBuyPowerIntelLenovoMSINokiaNvidiaOCZOLPCOQOOriginPanasonicSagerSamsungSonySylvaniaSystemaxTabletKioskToshibaVerizonViewsonicVilivVooDooWorkhorse PCZT Systems
Any RatingEditor's Choice4.5 Stars4.0 Stars3.5 Stars3.0 Stars
1024x5761024x6001024x7681200X8001280 x 7201280x10241280x7681280x8001366x6781366x7681440x10501440x9001600x7681600x9001680x10501680x9451920x10801920x1200800x400800x480