Amazon Spreads Black Friday Fever with Online Shopping Hub, iPhone App
In celebration of the unlatching of the holiday shopping floodgates, web-only retailer Amazon has gathered its Black Friday deals into an convenient, online hub for couch-bound shoppers. Those who visit www.amazon.com/blackfriday between now and Cyber Monday will find notebooks, smart phones, electronic accessories, DVDs, Blu-rays, MP3s, and more, much of it cut-down by as much as 50% for the holidays.
At the forefront of the hub are spotlighted daily deals and what Amazon calls Lightning offers that activate and expire at a given time. And for iPhone owners who will brave the cold and the crowds on Friday morning, Amazon has released Price Check by Amazon in the App Store so that brick-and-mortar shoppers can consult the online seller for better prices on gadgets they may otherwise splurge on in a real-world store.
Curious about whether the deals at Amazon.com/blackfriday are worth it? Here are some highlights.
- Flip MinoHD Video Camera: $109.99 (list price: $229.99)
- Kodak Mini Video Camera: $49 (list price: $99)
- Zune HD 16 GB: $149.99 (list price: $199.99)
- Coby SNAPP Mini Camcorder/Camera: $19.99 (list price: $45.99)
- Archos 5 32 GB Internet Tablet: $204.99 (list price: $379.99)
- PlayStation 3 160 GB Family Bundle w/ 2 free games (Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and SingStar Dance Party Pack): $299.99 (list price: $369.99)
Check more at amazon.com/blackfriday