Lend books to friends.
Currently the Nook is the only eReader that will allow users to lend DRM eBooks to other people, but only those with a Barnes & Noble account and for books with this feature enabled (about half the catalog). And now you can use the LendMe feature on the apps for the iPad, iPhone, and Android devices in addition to the Nook. The lending period lasts for 14 days, then the book automatically reverts back to the owner. There’s one catch, though: You can lend a book only once, and you can’t send it to a second friend or re-lend it again. So choose who you lend to carefully.
- Highlight the book you want to lend from inside your library, then select “View item details & options”.
- If the book is lendable, you’ll see an option to lend on the list.
- Select an existing friend/contact on your list or enter the e-mail address of the person you’re lending to. If that person has an existing Barnes & Noble/Nook account, use that e-mail address. If they don’t, the bookseller will prompt them to create an account in order to read the book.
- Tap Submit > Confirm to send the LendMe request to your contact. The recipient has seven days to accept the book.
- After the 14-day loan period is over, or after the offer expires in seven days, the book will become available in your library again automatically.
Essential Nook Tips